25.6.07



FEARING LOVE

(BY PATRÍCIA EVANS * TRANSLATION - LAURENCE BERSTEIN)

.
I shouldn't have read his letters again
Shouldn't have gone back there
seen the dry blood - so many ripped veins
or smelled the scent of rotten meat
I shouldn't have brought it back to mind
or filled my soul with these sordid memories
should never have allowed my heart to witness
such an indecent and cowardly attempt
to rape such an innocent smile
No fingerprint was left
The guilty one hid the proof,
cleaned the house - washed the clues
no punishment could be applied
The rapist is free somewhere outside
the smile is forever locked inside
Innocence should never be allowed to die
I should never have read his letters again
I should never have offered him a smile.
Fear should never be the only thing remaining .

.

.

Nenhum comentário: