8.5.07

A HARD THING TO DO
(Patrícia Evans)

Ask me and do it quickly
because I've decided to leave soon
I am in a hurry,
don't have much time
but I'd love you to know.
Ask me whatever you want
what is my favorite color
what happiness means to me
or if I have a pet.
What time I wake up
what are my hobbies
who I love
who I don't
if I like to drive
to travel
where have I been all these years
and why do I think
the world is infinite in itself.
What movie I like most
what book
what have I done
and chosen
gained
and lost.
If I like ice cream
if I think I am pretty
or if you are.
Ask about my hopes
my plans
and if you are a part of them
what goes in my heart
or mind.
Ask me
everything you have always wanted to
but have never had the courage
I know it is hard
because we know
I will tell you nothing
but the truth
and I know you know
I am in a hurry,
and I don't have much time
this time
to change my truth
but do it anyway.

.
.

2 comentários:

Denise S. disse...

Muito bom.
Sempre gostei d epoesia em inglês. Tenho uma ou outra perdida em algum desvão, vou procurar.

Denise S. disse...

Patricia, postei um poema meu em inglês lá no meu blog. Depois vc me diz o que acha? thanks.